This summery salsa is delicious, combining both the sweet bite of the corn and the tangy goodness of the red onion. It is a simple salsa to serve over fish or alongside a grilled dinner entree.
Sweet Corn Salsa
• 1 cup sweet corn (fresh or frozen)
• 1/4 medium red onion
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
• 1/2 pint yellow cherry tomatoes (about 3/4 cup)
• 1/2 small jalapeno, finely diced - (Add only if you like heat in your salsa!)
• 1-2 key limes (to taste)
1. Roast sweet corn over medium-high heat in a small fry pan for about 2 minutes, turning often to prevent burning. (Use teaspoon butter or olive oil to keep from burning.) Pull corn off the heat and let cool.
2. Chop red onion into thin, short slices, adding it to the corn. Stir in the cilantro, and halve the cherry tomatoes, adding them in to the mix. Squeeze the lime onto the salsa, then sprinkle sea salt, cracked ground pepper, and a tablespoon olive oil into mix, stir together.
3. The natural crunchy sweetness of the corn and tangy addition of the tomatoes and red onion mix beautifully to make a great summer salsa!
Warning: May be slightly addictive to your family, and you’ll have to make another batch!