Around here, discovering a simpler way to get a healthy meal choice on the dinner table (and one that everyone likes) is ALWAYS a win!
and this turkey quinoa carrot meatballs recipe is another treasure...
I’ve added this easy meatball recipe to my "mom’s treasure box" of easy-to-make-ahead dinner ideas.
Make a double batch of these meatballs, freeze or refrigerate the other half to use later, and when you’re in a pinch for a quick solution to a FRESH dinner main dish - voila!
If you've never used ground turkey before, I think you'll find the addition of carrots and quinoa to add some great texture, moisture and richness to this simple can't-be-ruined Turkey Meatballs recipe.
- 1 lb ground lean (93/7) Turkey
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs (I use gluten-free, but any will work)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup finely diced carrot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1/3 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, drizzle olive oil. When oil is hot, add carrots and onions in and stir. Lower heat, and cook until carrots and onions are soft.
2. Add in minced garlic and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temp.
3. Meanwhile, stir together lean ground Turkey, breadcrumbs, cooked quinoa, egg and seasonings. Stir in cooled cooked vegetables.
4. Form fully mixed meatball mixture into small meatballs (slightly smaller than golf ball-size)
5. Cook immediately OR store in fridge for up to 3 days or in freezer for up to several weeks!
These meatballs are great baked in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, crock-pot cooked, or steamed in a saute pan for 20 minutes. They can be served in our homemade sauce or served alone, alongside a great veggie side. They are awesome in soup too, and you can find an easy recipe below to use them in!
here’s a great recipe to use these meatballs in!
This Pantry Meatball Soup is just one easy way to use these delicious and simple Turkey Quinoa Carrot Meatballs in a quick one-pot-dinner dish. Make this even faster by having the meatballs prepped and ready to cook in the fridge or freezer. Just pull them out, uncooked, and add them to the broth in this yummy one-pot-dinner soup! Use pre-made meatball mix and the whole recipe will be ready to eat in 20 minutes, tops!
I call this my “Pantry” soup because I usually ALWAYS have these ingredients on hand in the pantry (or something close enough to it as a substitute!) You’ll see that it’s just too fast and easy to prepare this!
Once you do, it’ll become a family favorite and you’ll be glad you always have these ingredients on hand.
Pantry Meatball Soup
- 12-15 uncooked Turkey Quinoa Carrot Meatballs
- 4-6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups selected “pantry” or assorted available veggies - I used leftover celery, carrots, onions and frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or gluten-free elbow pasta
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2-3 mashed garlic cloves
- Shake of pink or sea salt & cracked fresh black pepper
1. Start broth, water, all seasonings and veggies together in a medium soup pot and bring to a soft bubble (uncovered) over medium-high heat.
2. Cook for about 5 minutes, then gently add in meatballs and cook for 8 minutes more.
3. Add in elbows and cook another 6-7 minutes.
4. Pull soup off heat and let settle for about 3-4 minutes, and serve.
Let me know what you think in the comments below! I'd love to hear how these recipes work for you.
Looking for a community of supportive people to share this healthy-living journey with?
We're finding that the accountability we're sharing is boosting the fresh-lifestyle success of our free community members in surprising ways. Would you like to be supported like this? Join our free online community and get it!